Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2024 4:04 pm  #41

Re: Proposal to Revise Injured List (IL) Rules for Fairness & Competitive

Totally agree with all that you both said. Two separate issues.  And if the point is to just make minor tweaks to slowly move the needle, that's fine.

Maybe I'm interpreting the reason for the SP slot change wrong.  Aren't you trying to increase the value of SP's?

In my opinion changing 2 P slots to SP slots doesn't do anything to increase value of SP's.  You can already use up the innings with just the 2 SP slots if you are actively setting your lineup each day. And how often do you have 3 SP's pitching on the same day?  That's why I've continued to say that you would need to pair that along with changes to innings limits as well. Make it valuable to have 8-10 SP's on your roster and actually have 4 pitching as often as possible.  Right now if you just switch from our current 2 SP/2 RP/4 P slots to a 4 SP/2 RP/ 2 P slot, all you are doing is rewarding the "lazy".  now they don't even have to be on top of things and putting their starters in each day.  Just stick them in the 4 SP slots and let it rip.

4/24/2024 6:56 pm  #42

SP value increase:
This is just a theory. I'm actually attacking both issue simultaneously. By adding two SP slots, technically you can't trot out 6 bullpen guys everyday, only 4. Yes I know there are ways around that, but it makes much harder. Now instead of hoarding those extra two bullpen guys not earning cat points on the bench, potential closers or high leverage guys, GM will be tempted to allocate maybe one of those bench spot to position players. Through osmosis GM now will evaluate those SP slots more. Guys like Hooli or Rock will find the glitch and when those SP/RP guys are cultivated maybe that will work? Or maybe guys will take the time to find the diamond in the rough and find quality starters? Different GM's different approaches to exploit the system you dirty bastards. Basically this philosophy is like the matrix. We can't fix the problem, but we can come up with patches to smooth over the inadequacies of the system.    

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

4/25/2024 4:57 pm  #43

Since I'm on my theory kick, expansion to 2 teams might help as well. Bad example, but the only live comparison everyone is familiar with is the Ultimate league. 16 deep. The league save leader has only 3 closers, and one is on the IL. Range is from 17 saves high, to 8 saves low, as opposed to Jock, with 23 high, and 1,3, and 3 low. My hypothesis, with expansion everyone because of attrition will have at least one closer within 2 years. Good GM's are out there we just have to find them. 

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

4/29/2024 7:40 am  #44

I have long adhered to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory.    This is the best league in the 4SFC in my opinion, and one of the reasons (among many) is the stability from year to year.  As Rock stated, we have long had a rule that no changes are made during the season. 

I remember in the early years that I was in this league, I realized that nobody was valuing closers, and I would often be able to start closers in all 7 pitching slots using closers that has SP/RP designations (I think Rock was on to this as well).  Now the pendulum has swung the other way and CL is one of the most highly valued positions in the league.  Prosects have essentially taken the same trajectory.  The point is to find the resulting undervalued asset(s) and exploit it.  The answer is actually in this thread if you read it through those lens..lol 

I wish I had the time to spend in this league that I used to have...

That said, I am amendable to tweaks.  I know we have expanded the inning pitched limit considerably, but I haven't seen it have much effect to be honest.  I only ask that any rule changes that we vote on, we give at least a season before they are implemented.  That gives team owners time to tweak their rosters to comply with the new rules.

Paul

4/29/2024 11:48 am  #45

Good stuff Hooli!!!!

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

Board footera