Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2024 9:12 pm  #11

Re: Bird & Rock

CJ, these are a great idea!

3/18/2024 2:06 pm  #12

Codename Duchess
Hard, because his starters aren't slotted yet:

C-Pretty damn good. Bo I've been drafting in all my leagues. Wilson & Keibert are very solid. One has to go....let's talk Bo lol

1B-Walker & Goldie, very solid, all 5 cats. Very good position to be in. Strand is a nice piece as well.

2B-McLain & Lowe....with Marte out, I except big things from McLain. I'm really liking his infield. Let's see what the left side looks like.

SS-If Cory can start opening day, an elite 4 cat mega star. If not, Bogaerts will fill in nicely.

3B-Justin & Machado, again elite 4 cat contributors

MI-I would put Bogaerts here, and CI JT here.

OF-Arozarena is a stud. After that, you have the wife beater, a solid 4 cat player Riley Green for the 3rd slot. As good as his infield is, is as bad as his outfield his.

UTL-Walker & Strand should hold this down. 
Great power, BA not bad, definitely could use more speed

5 SP's-Snell, Stroman, Lynn, Mikolas, Lynch.....dude your in trouble, but at least Snell signed.

2 Closers- Helsey & Brebbia.....dude your in trouble.
The others...it's going to be a long season...

Let's see what's on the farm

Chase, Quero...you're set at catcher, Brooks is a stud.....the rest are works in progress.

Keep plugging away, you have some pieces!

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

3/20/2024 11:49 pm  #13

Birdman

C-The cream of the crop. Only Realmuto is better, and he is getting old.

1B-I guess Mountcastle is the best out of this lot. I would cut Cronenworth because of his defense 🤣

2B-I’ve grabbed Gelof every chance I could get. Future stud. Any other option doesn’t matter.

SS-Interesting option in Hoerner. More of an MI, but you don’t have a lot action at this position.

3B-A war horse in Arenado.

MI-McMahon fits here nicely.

CI-Maybe Bryant can have a resurgence 🤷🏽‍♂️

OF-Trout doesn’t steal anymore, but is still lethal. Castellanos isn’t a star, but he’s the sorta of player you need to have a well rounded team. Same with Happ. Suzuki rounds out a solid if not flashy outfield.

UTL-Marte bring speed, Suwinski brings balance. Davis brings a little something too.

IMO can flex for steals. A smattering of power. Overall an subpar offense.

SP-Bassitt & Kelly are very nice options. After that, the cupboard looks like a welfare recipients on the 29th of month.

RP-Neckbones have more meat.

Let’s check out the farm
Chandler, Jones, Williams, Alcantara, Teel, Chicago’s very own Cam, Horton, Lesko, Triantos, personal favorite Mayea, damn Bird you have the whole Cubs farm on your roster. Overall a healthy farm system.

An adequate, if non flashy offense. The pitching is hurting but help is on the way via the farm, which is healthy. I’m not going to lie, it’s going to be an uphill battle.

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

3/21/2024 6:52 pm  #14

Let's try the new guy

C-Cal is good for about 30 HR & 75 ribs. Solid choice.

1B-Cousin Vinnie is a tad light with the power numbers, but still productive. He will be fighting with Bell for PT.

2B-Superior talent in Albies, a 5 cat stud. I like the versatility of Colt & McNeil. You're set!

SS-Nice platoon of solid contributors inn Swanson and Crawford, filling buckets with all 5 cats.

3B-Bregman is totally disrespected. 25/90/90 every year.

MI-Paredes has power for days, and a valuable utility player.

CI-Massive power with Burger. Infield slots bringing thunder!

OF Tucker is elite. Cedric the Entertainer is a wonderful  2/3rd outfielder. Outman completes the talented trio.

UTL The rich homie Kwan and Cpt Nimmo, if you combine them they make up one decent fantasy player. Guessing Bell gets the majority of the 2 slots. Bench is a JAG's....just another guy 

SP-Wheeler, Morton, too bad Gray & Senga are busted right now,...Kutter & Pivetta will keep you up there in K's with Zack & Morton. This could do some damage.

RP-You will learn, in this league people hoard closers like fat white women hoard skinny brothers. Unfortunately for you, it's 6am and the bar is closed.

Taking a peek at the farm....Jenkins, Mayer, Jones, Chase, Heston, Solometo, Frasso, Blake, Petty, Tekoah, and Waldrep. Deep & Stacked.

Your going to have to whore the waiver wire for closer...probably store away setup guys...that's really for only choice. You got power for days, and a well balanced offense. Once healthy a pretty decent starting staff. Welcome abroad!

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

3/21/2024 8:23 pm  #15

Alright, since CJ has done a few, let's do his team.

C - Campusano - Young C, seems to have good upside.  Hit for solid AVG last year, should add power

1B - Torkelson - Finally hit his stride last season.  Needs to get the AVG up, but good power numbers and DET has some bats coming up soon, so his numbers should get better.  No backup which is a concern.

2B - Torres.  Strong 2B in a stacked lineup.  Chips in some SBs as well.  

3B - Devers - one of the best in the game.  Should be close to 30/100/100 with a good AVG

SS - Adames - power SS, but can he bring the AVG up to just an ok number?  That's the upside and downside of Willy

MI - Lewis - Good numbers, but health is always a concern with Lewis.  If he can play close to a full season this is a good MI option.  If not you're scrambling

CI - Polanco - not my idea of an ideal CI.  Need an upgrade here

OF - Julio, Kelenic, McCormick - Julio is trash.  You need to trade him to me before his value is zero .  Obviously a 5 cat stud.  Can ATL help Kelenic find his swing?  It's a great lineup and opportunity but can he figure things out?  Big question.  McCormick with 500 ABs has a good shot at 20/20.  Julio carries this group.  Questions beyond him.  Needs some upgrades honestly

UT - Frelick & Neto.  2 young guys with upside.  Will they produce?  That's the question.  I like them both.

Bench - Mitchell, Castro, Turang, Cowsor, Black.  Cowsor's a good guy and probably is in your starting OF when he gets the full time gig.  Black has some upside, but is in the minors to start.  The others are guys and that's about it

SP - Grayson, Harrison, Civale, Pepiot, Lodolo, Garrett, Manoah.  Some good K guys in the bunch.  Grayson likely takes another step forward this year.  Harrison should be good.  Some questions after that in terms of do the bounce back and/or injury concerns.  Needs some higher end talent to lead the group

RP - Chapman, Uribe, McArthur, Matsui, Crochet, Abreu - As you said before, this league hordes closers.  You have a good group of handcuffs but no real established CL's.  When your offencse & SP is ready to compete you'll need upgrades here to be in the mix

Minors - if you're looking for a SP prospect you should check CJ's minors roster first.  He loves the SP prospects.  Some good names in the mix - Eldridge, Snelling, Porter, Misioriowski, and others.  All have good upside.  When will they come up and how long until they make an impact?  Position players you have some nice pieces in Salas, Clark, Young, Melton, Ford, etc.  None are top 5 prospects at the moment, but it's a decent group.

Overall, it feels like you're caught in the middle.  Your majors roster has some good offensive talent in guys like Julio, Devers, Torres.  Some others that have a chance, but you also have some holes that need to be better.  SP has some good ones, but lacks top end guys.  RP is a problem unless these guys all collect 10+ saves each.  Sorry to say it buddy but I think this could be a tough season.

Feels like you kind of need to decide which way to go.  Sell off some of your established offensive players to get higher level prospects/young guys?  Or move some of your prospects or younger guys to get more established guys to fill your weaker spots and try and compete.  If you decide to sell established guys give me a call lol

3/21/2024 8:45 pm  #16

Figure I'll do another one, so Clint you're up.  

C - Contreras - one of the better ones.  Solid power, AVG & counting stats

1B - Vaughn - Clint loves his CHW lol.  He's putting it together, so a good young 1B.  Does he take the next step?

2B - Semien - one of the top 2B.  All around stud

3B - Was supposed to be Noelvi Marte.  Suspension hurts.  Candelario is a good fill in (and looks like a good signing by Cincy at this point).  Numbers should go up as long as he plays.  When the team is fully healthy how much does he play?

SS - Lindor - how do you argue with 30/30?  Great stats 

MI - Volpe - went 20/20 last year, could do even more this year.  AVG needs to come up a lot for him to climb the rankings but I think that will improve.  How much?  That's the key

CI - Westburg or Montero - Westburg sounds like he'll see a good amount of playing time to start.  But BALT has a lot of guys coming, so he'll have to hit to hold them off.  I like his upside though.  Montero isn't horrible but you don't want to be starting him all year.

OF - Robert, Teoscar, Bellinger - really strong group.  A couple of 20+ SB guys, good power, solid AVG.  Can't argue with this group for this year

UT - Ohtani, Varsho - Well, Ohtani will get suspended for the year for the gambling so you're screwed lol.  He's a stud.  Varsho was a disappointment last year - can he bounce back?

Bench - Marte, Kirk, Anderson, Lux, Moncada, India - India was a good pickup here.  Marte when he gets back won't be on the bench.  The other guys are ok depth, but you hope you aren't playing them much

SP - Yamamoto, Cease, Gilbert, Lopez, Castillo, Kirby - really strong group.  Will help with K's, W's and most have really good ratios.  

RP - Diaz, Romano, Iglesias, Jansen, Kopech - If healthy, among the best group in the league.  But Romano is hurt, Jansen was hurt during the spring.  Kopech could be a wild card in the Sox bullpen

Minors - It's a pretty good group.  Maybe not current top 5-10 types, but some strong names.  Troy, Isaac, Mervis, Montgomery, the younger Chourio among others. A couple of SP guys, but not great here.  Espino's injuries haven't helped.  As a whole, some guys who will come up and help the squad.  Maybe a few years away from helping though.

Overall a strong team.  A few spots on offense that might have some questions but a balanced group.  Your pitching totals will be near the top. A mix of younger guys with some older stars. I see another challenge for a podium spot.

3/21/2024 10:29 pm  #17

Thanks for the eval. My team sucks, but is making progress. At least they are young. Let's check out your squad:

C-Murph is solid. 450+ AB's is very nice for a catcher.

1B-Casas is an up and comer. 30/80/85 might be his potential this year. Rowdy sucks. I would start Jones myself....I love a 1 bagger that can steal, and move Casas to the corner.

2B-Marte is Ablies lite. Solid, not sexy.

SS Witt is a stallion

3B Gunnar is a horse. Best left side in our league.

MI I love Gorman holding down this spot. Perfect MI

CI I would place Casas here instead

OF Adolis is a stud. Carter could be as well. I see Yelich losing time. Lowe has an oblique, a very bad injury for a ball player, fucks up your base. Still, a very nice outfield.

UTL I would put Saurez here, along with Eloy, if he can EVER stay healthy. If not.....Sanchez? Your one player from having an elite offense. I see some movement and/or call ups for the bench.

SP Nola, Ryan, and Pfaadt are K demons. Hoping Rodon has a comeback. Baz and DeGrom are window dressing.

RP Hader filthy. I fucked up trading him. Evan might get 30+ saves this year. Bednar is going to lose saves to Chapman this season. Saurez better fend off Matsui.Two might start off on the IL. Ride Hader, Evan & Saurez until the wheels fall off.

The farm

Jasson is hurt, but Thorpe is a stud that wins. Lawler might be the call-up you need this year. Manzardo, Arias & especially Painter are building blocks. Time to replenish the ranks.

This squad is one hitter away from a lethal offense. I expect him hitting the WW hard for SP. A few well placed maneuver's from competing for the ring. 

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

3/23/2024 7:31 pm  #18

King Hooli

C-The cream of the crop, A#1…for how long though🤔

1B-Abreu & Santana are are old but still contribute in 4 cats.

2B-Edouard is a solid 3 cat contributor, that maybe will be a 5 cat stud one day. I really don’t know who Perdomo is 🤷🏽‍♂️

SS-very shallow with Arcia & Winn 😮 Like shockingly shallow.

3B-again, simply the best…but for how long?

MI-DJ LeMahieu…damn Hooli entire middle infield is the worse I’ve seen your squad since I’ve been competing against you.

CI-solid 3 cat banger in Jung

OF-Judge, Harris, and Chisholm…ok, I was about to say. This is a NICE outfield. All the cats covered with that trio.

UTL-Springer & Thomas. 4.5 to 5 cat contributors.

Bench-bunch of JAG’s and Rooker. Hooli’s squad is 6 outfielders deep. Let’s check out the pitching.

SP-Corbin=stallion, Webb-stud, Eflin stud, Sale is poised for a comeback. He will figure out his 5th starter

RP-Díaz is an anchor:Kimbrel still has life. Carlos is shakey, but Stephson ain’t the answer either. Overall with roughly 80 saves from this group he can compete.

Farm
Junior, Crowe are studs, Jett, Mayo, Acuña, Gilbert, and Druw are legitimate prospects

A superior outfield, 2 of the best at their positions, a very good staff, and a competent relief core. Hooli always finds a way.

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

3/24/2024 4:26 pm  #19

The Dazzling Urbanites

C-3 catchers...you're determined to max out on catcher games lol! Top 5 catcher in Smith, and Moreno hits for average and can swipe an occasional bag. Your ser.

1B-You got Bohm slotted, but I would put Nolan there. I MASSIVELY screwed the pooch not drafting him, choosing Bradfield instead.I see 20/80/80 with 5 bags and a .280 BA

2B-Whittfield is on the decline. Peguero is a JAG.

SS-Lot of options. Oft injured Story,speedster CJ, Correa and Rocchio. I'm putting Correa here. 

3B-The future shock!! 4 cat BEAST!

MI-I'm putting CJ here.

CI-Will Baty be the former 1st round pick, or a JAG? My money, he's a JAG.

OF-Jordan, Reynolds, Yoshida....all solid dudes with nice batting average. The outfield is borderline 5 cats across the board,

UTL-Stanton for the power, Duran for the speed.

Bench-I think Rocchio and Doyle make for an interesting combination.I wonder if they will step up when needed?

SP-If Gausman can go that's huge a 3 cat monster. Imanaga is looking beastly. King is everyone's darling. Bieber, Miller and Ragans are anchors. Dump wife beater he got arrested again today. Hall is going to destroy your ratios hunting for k's. Gore & Priester=JAG'S

RP-Doesn't have any. You will never contend punting a cat. That's cool, I'm guaranteed a 2 because  of you lol.

Surprisingly diverse offense. Damn good starting pitching. I have zero clue what his plan is for saves. 

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

4/03/2024 4:58 pm  #20

I guarantee this will NEVER happen again 

5pm, first in Jock, Mays, & Ultimate.

Last edited by Stepping Razor (4/03/2024 5:00 pm)

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

Board footera