Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2020 9:26 am  #1

Previous draft pick trades

So guys, I hate to say this, but unless someone has a copy of the old forum, we don't have any record of previously traded draft picks.  If I remember right, there were only a few outstanding ones that hadn't happened yet, so hopefully it's not a huge deal, but unfortunately we seem to be out of luck for any record of those deals and who has what picks.

1/27/2020 8:57 pm  #2

Re: Previous draft pick trades

So I have a few trades that I had marked down that involved my team.  Not sure if this is it for everyone, but this was my list.

1) Intimidators gets the lower of our 2nd round picks as part of a preseason draft deal last year

2) Intimidators gets my 2nd round preseason pick, I get his 1st round preseason pick (as part of a trade for Marquez, Inciarte & Paddack)

3) I get Rock's 3rd round preseason pick (he got my 2nd round pick last year in this deal)

I think that covers it.  Bird/Clint - not sure how you want to handle these with the forum being lost but this was what I had jotted down in my stuff.

1/28/2020 9:23 am  #3

Thanks Ken.  That helps.  We will have to figure out the best way to handle this that is fair for all involved with things being lost and us not having a full list.  Even just your list has me questioning things.  It looks like I somehow got your 2nd round pick in two different deals?  So something must have been traded hands somewhere else too otherwise that doesn't make much sense lol.

2/04/2020 10:27 am  #4

Ok, Bird and I have been discussing this and haven't figured out a great solution.  The difficult part is that it's hard to do a "some" approach with the picks.  It seems like it has to be an all or nothing approach.  Either we find a way to find all the previous picks traded (which at this point is unlikely) or we have to just go the route of saying all picks belong to their original owners at this point since we don't know what trades were made in connection with each other.

It looks like we only have 3 trades even remembered at this point, and all are preseason picks, which really aren't nearly as valuable after the first couple players.

So at this point I think our best option is to say that all previously traded picks are lost and returned to the original owners.

Ken, or anyone else that has any picks they have written down, we would be willing to give you a supplemental pick at the end of round 1 in the pre-season draft since you did at least have a few written down.

How does that work for everyone else?  Or if anyone else has their own notes on trades that we can confirm, we can figure out how to handle them.  But at this point, it seems like it's an all or nothing option, with the all option not being anything realistic.  I will go back to making sure I keep a record of traded picks along with players going forward in case the forum gets lost again.  Sorry about that everyone. I used to track it, but that made my spreadsheet a bit bigger, and once I put it on the forum, I never thought about the possibility of it being lost.

2/04/2020 12:38 pm  #5

That works for me.

I fully understand that losing the old forum hurt with a lot of the history for not only this league, but a bunch of others.  We just need to do the best we can and move on.  So this is fine by me.

Time to make some new trades so we can write those down 

2/04/2020 12:45 pm  #6

Agreed. I'll go make the draft pick trade forum now.  But yes, let's make this official as I know people want to know what picks they have to include in trades.

All previously traded picks are back to their original owners.  If anyone has a record of trades they completed, we will work on a compensatory pick in the draft.

Board footera