Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2021 2:23 pm  #1

2021 Dates

Alright, finally got Ultimate recreated by Yahoo. Looks like we are ready to go. Everyone should have it in their leagues now since the renewals went out.

That being said, I’m going to shoot for Tuesday March 30th as the date for the draft. Will start at 8:00 pm eastern time.

If people have concerns with that date, speak up right away.

This year, with Covid still a potential issue, I’m going to skip the cut down to 10 players step. Instead we will just have our final cut down to 5 players. I’m going to set the date for final 5 keepers as end of day, Saturday March 27th.

So let’s get it going!

Final 5 keepers - due by end of day 3/27
Draft - 3/30 at 8 pm central time.

Speak up now with any concerns. I’ll work on a draft order in the next few days.

3/01/2021 2:30 pm  #2

Re: 2021 Dates

I did not get a renewal notice

3/04/2021 4:23 pm  #3

what do we do if there is a lack of interest.

I'll play, but I have to admit this is the first time that I can remember where I'm not enthusiastic about fantasy baseball. I don't want to be excited for the season and put in the work if there is going to be another delay because of Covid19.

3/05/2021 8:40 am  #4

We had at least one owner from a basketball league that expressed interest in fantasy baseball. If a current owner wants to drop out, we could make a swap. 

I don't expect a league-wide shutdown this year. The other major sports are managing to make it work even with guys occasionally sitting for contact tracing. 

3/05/2021 10:31 am  #5

Sorry guys. Was knocked on my ass all week sick.

I have not had anyone tell me that they will not be back. But we do have someone from a basketball league that might be interested if we need someone.

Generating the draft order now.

3/05/2021 10:45 am  #6

RacinCD wrote:

Sorry guys. Was knocked on my ass all week sick.

I have not had anyone tell me that they will not be back. But we do have someone from a basketball league that might be interested if we need someone.

Generating the draft order now.

as we get closer to the draft if users don't select their 5 keepers, do you then select them instead? and then if they don't show up to the draft do they autodraft?

does everyone even know that this is the new forum? last year at this time this was a new forum.

3/18/2021 4:07 pm  #7

I always thought the cutdown to 10 was kind of a pointless exercise anyway. If someone really did manage to assemble more than 10 players that were worth keeper consideration, good for him and let him try to use those assets all the way up to the true keeper deadline.

Re: anyone not showing up for the draft - Yahoo will autodraft their team based on whoever was kept (won't fill bench slots while there are open roster slots, for example) and the owner's pre-draft rankings.

Re: teams that don't select five keepers - usually the commissioner in this league has automatically selected the highest five O-rank guys as the keepers for teams that do not submit a list.

3/22/2021 8:09 am  #8

Thanks John. Thought I responded but looks like I never did.

Reminder, final 5 keepers need listed by end of day Saturday.

Board footera