Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2021 12:32 pm  #1

2021 Rule Changes

Hey guys, I just made a couple of rule changes that I wanted to bring to everyone attention.

First, and most importantly, we will no longer be conducting drafts based on prior year results. It was obvious that there was a manager last year who was leaving his roster empty to "improve" his chances for a draft pick. We're not going to allow that. Starting this year, and going forward, we will be using a weighted lottery, with the 12th team receiving 12 entries, the 11th team receiving 11 entries and so on. The pre-season draft and the Rule 4 draft will have separate draft orders. I'll be posting them next.

Also, I made some changes that we've been weighing for a few years in Section 5 regarding draft picks and the time you can make them. Starting this year, and going forward, we'll keep the 24 window. However, if your pick is skipped, you will only have 24 additional hours to make your pick. Once that second 24 hour window expires, you will not be able to make a pick until your next scheduled pick. Also in Section 5, if you post that you would like to skip your pick then you will not be able to make another pick until your next scheduled pick. We hope this will eliminate people sitting on picks in the hopes that an international players signs or for a similar circumstance.

Thanks guys.

Bird

2/12/2021 3:03 pm  #2

Re: 2021 Rule Changes

Looks good Bird and thanks for the great job keeping us all working to make the league so strong 👍

2/14/2021 9:29 am  #3

🤨

2020 residual fucking 🤷🏽‍♂️

The one manager that is accused of tanking still got the first pick.

Meanwhile me and Mookie got the entire 12 inches without any Vaseline. I dropped 4 spots 😳

Damn Bird you couldn’t wait a year, especially after the janky season we already had?

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

2/16/2021 8:46 am  #4

Could be worse, I have picked in the bottom 3 every year (except one, 2013) since 2007

2/16/2021 11:14 am  #5

hooligan68 wrote:

Could be worse, I have picked in the bottom 3 every year (except one, 2013) since 2007

Hard to feel too sorry for you Hooli!  It means you’ve been winning all those years!!  I’d trade pick at the bottom of the round for the trophies!

2/16/2021 4:06 pm  #6

What about 4 SP slots?

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

2/17/2021 10:31 am  #7

CJ, I'm legitimately sorry that you're getting screwed in all of this, that certainly wasn't what I wanted to happen. However, we had a couple of people tanking, and the guy who got the first pick wasn't even the one who left his lineup empty for two weeks, and so I had to do something. A weighted lottery was the best option I had. Send me a nickel and I'll trade my pick with yours for "cash considerations".

2/17/2021 10:45 pm  #8

Who let the roster empty for 2 weeks? Fuck, I was trying and they still beat me 😆

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

2/18/2021 12:21 pm  #9

Well I wasn’t trying to improve my draft rankings, I just didn’t believe this was a good year for this with everything that was happening and whatever your team was in 2019 or earlier... was completely different and dumb and pointless in 2020. So I just went into meh mode as threading was an anomaly train wreck  🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️  I had players with covid so I did what the pros did... went many games without playing. Mine were suited up still more days than a lot of teams 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m taking 1st this year anyway, so best of luck to the rest 🤫🤗❤️

2/20/2021 10:15 am  #10

I had a moment to think about this. The weighted system was needed, totally agree. The mechanics of this are faulty though. Looking at the NBA lottery you have actual lottery teams. Probably a better way to implement this is give either 6 or 9 teams balls instead of the entire league.

Knowing my luck I would probably get the 6th or 9th pick anyway🤦🏽‍♂️

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

Board footera