Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2024 12:31 pm  #1

Rock team evals

Well, better late than never.....I hope 😊

STEPPING RAZOR

INF
A decent blend. I  like Campusuano as a good but power lacking catcher. Good contact skills though. You have an up and coming top 10 1st baseman in Torkelson. After him you are very thin. 2nd is set with set him and forget him Gleybor. 3rd is in good hands with your 2nd best bat in Devers and if he Ever stays healthy consistently Royce Lewis. SS Adames is underrated in my view. Of your reserves Polanco is probably my favorite but both Neto and Turang have the ability to be quality MI starters.

OVERALL----C+
Depth is a concern after Tork at 1st. If he goes down, I see a trade as a necessity. Seeing Joey Gallo rostered is bad news.

OF
It's the Julio show and some question marks. As a top 4 keeper (my ranks), he's a stud. After him I don't see any real stars. I like Chas the best but Kelenic, Benson and Frelick all have decent upside if they continue to improve.  With no real huge power guy,  you have to hope they are steady with AVG and throwing in a few SBs. Cowser would rank as my favorite To be your #2 OF come next year. Mitchell has tons of tools but too much competition in Milwaukees OF, which is a shame

OVERALL----C+
Mainly because of outside of Julio and Chas, you are banking on a bunch of young OF who have promise but haven't shown consistency yet

PITCHING
This has the ability to be your teams strength.  I really liked Pepiot, Grayson and Harrison as your top 3. All have major upside IMO. Civale is so underrated it's crazy.  Him being on a good TB team works well. Yu scared me enough that I cut him earliest and he's making me look dumb for that. I don't gave a solid read on Crochet.  He didn't interest me at all with his move to the rotation but he's  been fantastic.  Your RP are decent but the only solid bets I can see lasting the year on your team are Abreu,  Matsui and McArthur.  I love what Abreu brings.

OVERALL----B

FARM
Some great potential building blocks in Eldredge,  Emerson.  Salas, Snelling, Melton, Schultz, Misiorowski and potentially Bradford. 

TEAM GRADE----C+
it appears theres lots of potential that's obvious.  But the potential has to come to fruition for your team to really make a Champions run. With your top 2 players being so much better than the rest of your bats. You cannot afford to lose either Devers or Julio to injury. Roy would rank right up there if he could stay injury free.
Cheers CJ 😎

4/09/2024 1:01 pm  #2

Re: Rock team evals

WESTTOWN DESPERADOS

INF
Man this is a set groupπŸ‘. Starting at Catcher, I thought Murphy to be a top 7 Catcher in the loaded Hotlanta lineup.  Casas is a top 5 1st baseman as soon as this year. Jones is solid and I'm I'm interested to see how the NL adjusts to him this year. Your weakest INF guy is Ketel,  who would still start for a lot of other teams. At SS and 3rd, you are absolutely loaded with Gunnar and Witt(AL MVP 2024??πŸ€”). Add in the coverage of Gorman at 2nd and 3rd and it just gets better. I don't know if Suarez will be on your team all year but he's a decent bat, and easily your oldest IF. Crazy young,  strong core. Your only concern might be the depth behind Witt unless Lawlarsteps up from injury and shows his pedigree.

OVERALL----A

OF
Already a deep bunch before acquiring Carter, your top 3 rivals any team in the league. 3 top 20 OF in Carter, Adonis and old man Yelich is great. If Eloy ever gets right,  Another potential lethal bat. Saying the same thing about Josh Lowe isn't unreasonable.
Not having to rely on them only works to your benefit.  I like Vasquez in KC if he sticks. Their lineup is underrated I think. If Verdugo ever sees any game's played for the Desperados, something has gone terribly wrong.

OVERALL----B+

PITCHING
Every team has a weak link, this is yours. But it's not without promise. I consider Ryan your best SP. After him, I'm not sure. I'm not a fan of Nola this year or potential going forward.  His Ks seem to be his only saving grace outside of his name value. Rodon is solid when he pitches, but thsts not exactly the surest of things. Young guys like Pfaadt, Baz, Houck and  Woo intrigue me, but it's all potential right now.  Injured vets could be what you are riding come summer time. I think Buell is ok and am uncertain on DeGroms offering thus year.  Your RP is stacked with safe closers.  Hader/Bednar and Phillips are all great options.  Your handcuffs Suarez, Stephenson and Robertson are also good for at least 10 saves if not more between the 3 of them.

OVERALL----B

FARM
names that intrigue me are Ortiz, Dominguez, JHM, Thorpe, Lawlar, Manzardo, Arias and Painter.

TEAM GRADE----B+
Very solid top to bottom.  You have closers, elite bats,  and decent SP with upside.
Your FARM has plenty of top 50 guys eho could be filling in come summer.  Lawlar. JHM and Manzardo seem to me like they will contribute either as trade chips or rostered guys. Nice work πŸ‘

Last edited by Shamrocks (4/09/2024 1:04 pm)

4/09/2024 4:01 pm  #3

Re: Rock team evals

Thanks Rock. The only reason I got Gallo was to bring him back home. I'm glad my patience is paying off with my handcuffs becoming Closers, instead of paying these outrageous prices. Literally, the only league in fantasy where an social security drawing closer gets two top 100 prospects.Β  Brice is a true blessing so far. I definitely need another power bat. Anyone wanna trade one to me?Β 

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

Board footera