Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2024 8:45 pm  #11

Re: Proposal to Revise Injured List (IL) Rules for Fairness & Competitive

Which, for what it’s worth, I have always kept both his hitter and pitcher on my roster, except during the offseason. Or in this instance I didn’t re-add his pitcher when the season started as he’s recovering from TJ.  It’s not like I sit there and drop his pitcher between every start and then add him back and really abuse it lol.

And until last year, they never marked the pitcher as IL if he was still hitting and not actually on the IL. So his 1st TJ, I would have had to roster 2 players, when 1 of them was injured. I couldn’t even put him on the IL if I wanted to and had a spot.

4/07/2024 9:30 pm  #12

I'll throw out my thoughts: 

- Honestly, I think the 3 IL slots is plenty.  It makes injuries matter.  The more IL slots and options we add, the less injuries matter and force you to make the tough big league decisions. With 3, you have to really want to keep the 4th guy who gets hurt, or be cool with him riding your bench.  Does it suck when you get more than 3 guys hurt, absolutely.  I was there for a quite a bit of last year, and I'm sure I'll be there again this year (I'm there in another league right now with no IL slots).  My vote would be to leave as is. 

- As far as Ohtani goes, it doesn't really bother me overall.  There are benefits and drawbacks abound with it.  

4/07/2024 9:34 pm  #13

Ok, I see why he is bugging. Agreed, this is unchartered territory. 

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

4/08/2024 11:42 am  #14

Can we get the league history back up on Yahoo please?

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

4/09/2024 10:08 am  #15

It's unfortunate that you are undertaking this injury crisis but where was this concern when other teams were hurt by injury? To some degree we have all been put in a bind trying to compete while juggling injuries. It's part of the game.

Now the tough part. I'm disappointed that you feel undertaking rule changes in season (something that doesn't happen in any competitive league) is a valued solution? Promoting a "equitable and enjoyable fantasy baseball experience for all participants" as a reason to change a rule In season is laughable.  We have all had tough times but it's up to us to compete.  The integrity of the league is something we all appreciate or the Jocktrap would have disbanded years ago. Be better than just throwing up your hands and going fishing. Winning the league is always the goal but only one of us experience it at the end of the year. 
I'm not at all in favor of expanding IL spots or rosters because it's in season.  If we chose to vote on it prior to next year then I would be open to it.

Now about adding holds to our league to kick saves off the ridiculous pedestal it's currently on would be a nice change.  Possibly come the 2025 season 🤞

4/09/2024 6:50 pm  #16

Shamrocks wrote:

It's unfortunate that you are undertaking this injury crisis but where was this concern when other teams were hurt by injury? To some degree we have all been put in a bind trying to compete while juggling injuries. It's part of the game.

Now the tough part. I'm disappointed that you feel undertaking rule changes in season (something that doesn't happen in any competitive league) is a valued solution? Promoting a "equitable and enjoyable fantasy baseball experience for all participants" as a reason to change a rule In season is laughable. We have all had tough times but it's up to us to compete. The integrity of the league is something we all appreciate or the Jocktrap would have disbanded years ago. Be better than just throwing up your hands and going fishing. Winning the league is always the goal but only one of us experience it at the end of the year.
I'm not at all in favor of expanding IL spots or rosters because it's in season. If we chose to vote on it prior to next year then I would be open to it.

Now about adding holds to our league to kick saves off the ridiculous pedestal it's currently on would be a nice change. Possibly come the 2025 season 🤞

I'd be 100% behind adding holds as a way to move saves over a bit.  

4/09/2024 7:26 pm  #17

Naw, this is a 5 x 5. Adding hold you then have to add OBP to balance out, thus a 6 x 6 league.

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

4/09/2024 8:37 pm  #18

Not separating the cat but making it a saves plus holds category.  Yahoo has the ability.  That way stay 5x5 and add value to all SP instead of the insane value of any closer.

4/09/2024 9:41 pm  #19

Shamrocks wrote:

Not separating the cat but making it a saves plus holds category. Yahoo has the ability. That way stay 5x5 and add value to all SP instead of the insane value of any closer.

Just what I was going suggest as well.  

4/09/2024 10:40 pm  #20

I ain’t feeling it. Teams were assembled based on conventional 5 x 5 categories. I been begging for years instead to convert those two generic spots to SP. That what the real problem is, devaluation of SP, not adding even more value to RP’s.

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

Board footera