Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2024 10:32 am  #1

Bird & Rock

Can y’all do team evals like y’all did back in the day?

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

3/12/2024 9:40 am  #2

Re: Bird & Rock

I just saw this CJ.  I'll see if I can put something together for a team or 2. Heck, I'd do an eval of any team that evaluates another team. Kind of take 1 give 1.
Cheers 😀

3/12/2024 10:08 am  #3

I'll do one tonight.

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

3/12/2024 10:20 am  #4

I'll throw out a counterpoint tomorrow then. We doing active rosters and a minors report?

3/12/2024 10:24 am  #5

I would say both.

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

3/12/2024 11:28 am  #6

Mookie Major League Roster

Mookie's the defending champs. So clearly he has some talent on the roster. His team is carried by the big names (Olson, Soto, Betts). His core is getting older, but still has a few more years of top level production. Behind that, he's been able to consistently piece together some "No Names" who are over producing for that year. He sold the farm last year to fill in some pitching, but may have some work to do there this year with early injuries. As long as his offensive stars stay healthy, he will be in the mix again this year, though he could definitely use some depth on offense, specifically middle infield and 3B. Will be interesting to see if he has enough minors pieces left to fill in the gaps if any of his guys have down years or suffer big injuries.

Mookie Minor League Roster

What can I say. Mookie gets full use of the $40 a year subscription to baseball prospectus. He's first one up every morning on the days they release updated prospect rankings, and goes down the top 100 list grabbing any name that isn't on a team. He's got some waiting to do at this point though, as after Chourio and a few of his pitchers, there's a lot of names on there that are years away. Will he be patient with them, or will they be gone next month when the next top 100 list comes out? Stocking up on minor league starting pitching has never been a strategy I like (too much risk to injury, and flaming out before the big leagues) but I have to admit, it's a strategy that has worked for Mookie. With his big league club aging, it will be important that he turns a few of these guys into big leaguers sooner rather than later. Though if Churio lives up to expectations, he may have a top 10 player on his hands as soon as 2024. What's the over/under on number of minors players on Mookies list that remain on his team by year end?  I'll put it at 6.5 that are still on his team by year end, knowing how the phone lines are always burning at the Mookie offices.

3/12/2024 3:30 pm  #7

😊

I'll try to make time tonight to do an Intimidaters evaluation.

Nice work Clint 👏 🙂

3/13/2024 2:46 pm  #8

The Rock

When your 1st baseman projects 17 steal, you know you have speed for days. Real life and fantasy the fastest outfield I’ve ever seen. The catcher is solid; I’ve either picked him or Bo Naylor in every single season league I’m in. With MJ Melendez he can actually envision getting 150+ catching games.Bench depth with Drury & Rengifo, and can rotate Renfroe, O’Neil, Chapman and Lowe at the UTL’s. Position players wise the only weakness I see in 2B/MI…move Garcia, you have wayyy too much speed 😂🤣

You have some nice K/9 starters in Peralta, Javier & Luzardo, but after that you’re a little. The big 3 are a touch high with the ratios too. Fairbanks anchors a staff of jobbers, but are effective.

Let’s see what he has on the farm. I ain’t going to lie, this motley crew needs some tlc. With Cruz, Naylor, Acuña, and Corbin in the show, the cupboard is rightfully bear. I would much rather be in his situation. Maybe Grissom can step up and fill that MI hole? I don’t see anything I would trade for currently from his minors.

Bailey Ober
Taj Bradley
Luke Adams
Emerson Hancock
Curtis Mead
Jose Miranda
Carlos Jorge
Jay Allen
Vaughn Grissom
Gabriel Rincones Jr
Cooper Pratt
Edquardo Quintero
Graham Pauley
Waner Luciano
Ben Rice
Ralphy Velazquez
Brandon Winokur
Echedry Vargas
Dylan Beavers

So Rock, get some more pitching, one more power batter, and you have a shot at the ring.

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

3/13/2024 3:21 pm  #9

Thanks CJ,  I greatly appreciate your intel 😀 
I'll start knocking off a few tonight.  Last night I got caught up unexpectedly at work. Tonight should be better.  Cheers and Waner Luciano-HOU could be a " plant my flag" guy for the Rocksquad.

3/16/2024 3:37 pm  #10

My apologies guys. Life got on the way the past few days.  I haven't forgotten and will start them when I get a few moments.  Thank you 😊

Board footera