Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2023 5:29 pm  #1

Ohtani

The free Ohtani you can drop as a pitcher or hitter when injured or at year end even if not hurt is absurd. He’s on the injured list and should be on your roster or DL. He both pitches and hits, hence needs to spot on a roster. We all have players on the IL that can’t be dropped and saved for the following 7, 10, 16, 60 days or until next season. I have a player I’d love to drop and save for free and pick up someone else to fill his spot, but cant. This honestly sounds like collusion of sorts and feels very murky to my brain. If you can do that, I want a free spot for everyone to save a player who I drop for when he’s back from IL or the start of the next year.

9/06/2023 12:15 pm  #2

Re: Ohtani

Lmao. Come on bro, collusion? Who are you, Rodney Ruxin?

1st, Ohtani is not on the IL in real baseball. This is the 1st time ever where they moved his pitcher to the IL when he’s not actually on the IL. They have never done that before any other time he’s been injured. If I’d known they were going to randomly do that this year I would have just moved him to the IL.

2nd I have an open IL slot, so would have moved him there if I’d known it. But again, they’ve never done that before.

3rd, why should I have to keep 2 positions used on my roster for someone not playing? It’s not my fault Yahoo can’t figure out how to have him just count as 1 player.

And last, it’s been that rule since he came into the league. If we change the rule, then I’ll abide by that one. But under the current rule, I’m within the rule to do what I did.

Have a nice day.

9/07/2023 3:44 pm  #3

I hope to create a similar issue very soon with Bryce Eldridge!!!!

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

9/14/2023 6:53 pm  #4

The reply makes this sound even more absurd. I want to play Karen here and ask for the manager aka commish… however scared I am to see what he types.

9/14/2023 8:37 pm  #5

Been a rule (one the Commish made by the way) for 6 years and nobody else seems to have a problem with it. And there was already a post out here explaining it when you went ahead and tried to add him anyways. (Thank you CJ for asking about it as a reminder.) Clearly nobody would drop Ohtani for free.

You’ve yet to make any valid points as to why we should consider a rule change. Feel free to give some reasoning and I’m sure it will be considered. Bird has always shown willingness to adapt and adjust if you provide a reason to consider something.

If I was you though, I’d spend some time trying to make your team good for once instead. 9 seasons and you’ve never finished better than 9th? Ouch.

Board footera