Four Sport Fantasy Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2023 10:51 am  #81

Re: 2023 Minors/International Draft

I agree with Razor on this. I like the idea of keeping the July/August draft at 4 rounds or so if possible due to the amount of young players available to us.

Colin

8/16/2023 12:35 pm  #82

Thanks Spanky!

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

8/16/2023 2:59 pm  #83

We can certainly look at it, however I think this years draft was just an extremly strong one.  But definitely don't want to overreact either way.

International guys have been part of this draft for at least the last 3 or 4 years (hence why the draft used to start later to give them time to sign).  Last year there were only 3 or 4 picks made in the 4th round.  The 2 years before that, there were 3 or less picks made in the 3rd round.  So most years, people are done drafting after 2 rounds even in the minors.  If it keeps the pace that we had this year, 4 is fine. Just trying to reduce having to babysit this thing for a month at a time if most peple aren't picking after round 2.

Last edited by RacinCD (8/16/2023 3:00 pm)

8/16/2023 5:58 pm  #84

I know it can be a pain to monitor. Still, scouting and drafting are getting more advanced every year. Also as the league gets older drafting is even more important. Draft capital with trades becomes more important too. Thinking outload, maybe increase the penalty for missing a pick, like miss one and done? 

I'm like a walking razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous
Dangerous

8/18/2023 8:31 am  #85

Yeah, that's completely fair. Like you said, if we complete it in 2 weeks with 4 rounds.  Then I would be ok with that, unless we start seeing people finished after 2 rounds again. When we initially discussed, people weren't drafting beyond the 2nd, so 3 rounds seemed enough. But we can re-evaluate before making anything official.

Board footera